for local children and families
NOW HIRING! Executive Director
The Position: The primary responsibilities of the Executive Director are to lead, manage, and ensure effective, efficient agency operations for the provision of excellent Mental Health and Family Resource Center services, to promote financial and operational stability, and to plan strategically for the agency development. As the face of the agency internally and externally, this position must possess effective leadership and communication skills, and a strong commitment to human services. The Director must be able to build partnerships and collaborations, foster an environment of teamwork and growth, be creative and solution-oriented, and develop and maintain effective work systems. This is an exempt, full-time position.
- Secure operational sustainability and growth of the agency.
- Collaborate with staff to develop and evaluate programs and services tailored to the community’s needs.
- Develop and effectively manage the agency budget and oversee accuracy in financial reports. (Familiarity with accounting and software such as QuickBooks is a plus, but not required.)
- Ensure effective systems to track progress and regularly evaluate program components to measure successes that can be communicated to the board, funders, community, and others.
- Seek out opportunities for the agency while remaining cognizant of agency resources.
- Participate in community advocacy efforts that promote the agency’s mission.
- Ensure that CARE has a website, social media, and other outreach presence.
- Actively develop, seek, and evaluate funding strategies for the long-term financial security and growth of the agency.
- Liaise with funding sources; attend funders’ meetings; and nurture positive funder/donor relationships.
- Research grant sourcesand create grant proposals.
- Oversee the preparation of agency newsletters and Fund Drive mailers.
- Compliance and Certification
- Ensure compliance with existing contracts, grants, and agreements and all applicable laws including federal, state, local entities and grantors and funders.
- Oversee the process of agency biannual certification with the State Departments of Mental Health and Alcohol and Drug Programs.
- Recruit, interview, hire, develop, and retain staff.
- Encourage professional communications and a collaborative team effort among staff members and respect and regard for clients.
- Supervise the administrative, clerical, and FRC staff and provide administrative management of therapist interns and trainees.
- Maintain effective human resources systems, practices, and procedures.
- Conduct regular staff performance reviews and professional development plans.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Any questions may also be submitted via email.
We raised $49,440 for Rio Vista Care!
A gift that was made possible by the community of donors who gave to our organization through the generous matching donation from Travis Credit Union.
Thank you to all the people who recently donated to Rio Vista CARE!
Caring Actions Reaching Everyone
CARE realizes that people are going through a difficult time right now and we just want you to know that we are there for you.
How to Save Family & Relationships
- Learn to Listen with an open mind.
- Allow your family to share thoughts, feelings, ideas and emotions.
- Encourage each other to communicate with love, care, trust and respect.
- Take interest and show genuine interest in what each other has to say and is doing.
- Find and make quality time for your family